Power Outage / Utility Failure
IF THERE IS A POWER OUTAGE/UTILITY FAILURE
- Notify the building administrator's office immediately of the type of utility outage (e.g. electrical, heating, cooling, water, etc.).
- If necessary, implement the appropriate emergency procedures (e.g. evacuation of classroom area) to ensure that students are not exposed to danger.
- Open blinds to let outside light in or use flashlights.
- Take attendance to ensure all students are accounted for. Immediately notify the building administrator of any missing students.
- Remain in place unless directed by the building administrator to go to another designated area.
- If you are moved to another area, conduct a student count once you arrive at the new location.
- Do not return to your classroom/location until the "All Clear" is announced.
IF THERE IS A GAS LINE BREAK/WATER MAIN BREAK
- Clear the immediate area (evacuate the area if necessary).
- Call 911.
- Contact the building administrator.
- Teachers should account for all students.
- Report any missing students to the building administrator.