Local Professional Development Committee
The purpose of the ESC of Lake Erie West Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC) is to create policies and procedures that assist professional, licensed staff members focus on appropriate goals for professional growth, pre-approve proposed professional development activities and validate CEUs prior to application for licensure renewal.
All licensed educators should have an Individual Professional Development Plan (IPDP) in place with the LPDC in order to maintain appropriate licensure. Activities completed without an IPDP in place will not count towards licensure renewal.
Professional pupil services licenses (e.g. audiologist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, speech-language pathologist, social worker, school nurse) require credentialing through related licensure boards to maintain ODE licensure. Individuals with these licenses do not need to have an IPDP.
- LPDC Meeting Dates
- LPDC Guidelines (Read this document before you start to write your IPDP)
- LPDC Forms (Note: these forms are fillable Word forms. Please download to your computer to complete.)
- Individual Professional Development Plan (Educators)
- Individual Professional Development Plan (Treasurer)
- Request for Pre-Approval of Professional Development Activity
- Evaluation of Pre-Approved Professional Development
- Webinar Participation Form
- Activity Log
- PD Summary of Activities
- PD Summary of Activities Requiring LPDC Pre-Approval
- Final Checklist
- Appeal Request
- Contact Hour Form
- Organizing for High Quality Professional Development (A good resource to use when writing IPDP goals - see section on SMART goals)
- Ohio Standards for Professional Development
- Ohio Standards for the Teaching Profession
For information about the LPDC contact either:
Mary Himmelein, Ed. D., Director of Human Resources & Professional Development
419.246.3135 or email@example.com
Elaine Robinson, Administrative Assistant
419.246.3079 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) is transitioning to an electronic license application process. This process will allow users to complete an online licensure application form and pay their fees using electronic payment (e.g. a credit card). For 2013, ODE will still accept paper applications but the ultimate goal is to have the majority of license applications completed in the new system. Applying within the new system requires that each educator have a SAFE account and accurate, updated information in their Educator Profile. See the documents below for specific directions and information.
- License Renewal Process (a broad overview of how to renew your license through the ESC and/or LPDC)
- ODE Online Application Process (specific directions for the ODE online application process)
- Renewal Forms (This will link you to the Ohio Department of Education. Search for Complete List of Applications.