Located in the heart of Toledo, Ohio the Lucas County Educational Service Center (LCESC) was established in 1913. On January 1, 2012 the name was changed to the Educational Service Center of Lake Erie West.
The ESC of Lake Erie West is one of the largest educational service centers in the State of Ohio with over 350 employees providing high quality, professional services to our educational partners. Many state programs such as preschool accreditation, community schools, out of school programming, and gifted education were piloted through our ESC.
The ESC of Lake Erie West is the only educational service center in Ohio to support a Challenger Learning Center focused on increasing student interest in science and math.
Over the years, board members, staff members, programs, and materials have received local, state and national recognition for outstanding achievement.